[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JaMarcus - worth grabbing off waivers?

canuck

Hey guys wondering what you think about grabbing JaMarcus Russell off waivers now that he has signed.

It is a keeper league and I am weak at QB - have Eli and Schaub - ouch I know.

Do I grab Russell and hope for big things late in the season - is it realistic that he will see the field this year or should I save that spot for someone that can play this year?

Finally its a deep league and the only QB's left on waiver wire at this point are McNair/Boller, McCown and Garcia - I am trying to avoid Carolina with Schaub this week as Eli is suppose to be out. Any of the above a better option than Schaub vs. Carolina?

thanks!

Hey guys wondering what you think about grabbing JaMarcus Russell off waivers now that he has signed.

It is a keeper league and I am weak at QB - have Eli and Schaub - ouch I know.

Do I grab Russell and hope for big things late in the season - is it realistic that he will see the field this year or should I save that spot for someone that can play this year?

Finally its a deep league and the only QB's left on waiver wire at this point are McNair/Boller, McCown and Garcia - I am trying to avoid Carolina with Schaub this week as Eli is suppose to be out. Any of the above a better option than Schaub vs. Carolina?

thanks!

If your roster has room for JM, then pick him up and see how things unfold over the season. He may be a very valuable keeper for the long term. I like Garcia against the Saints. Their pass D looked pathetic last Thursday, but that was againt Peyton? I would not drop Schaub, to get Garcia though. Schaub has much more value over the season then Garcia. I dont know your complete rules so just an idea.

If your roster has room for JM, then pick him up and see how things unfold over the season. He may be a very valuable keeper for the long term. I like Garcia against the Saints. Their pass D looked pathetic last Thursday, but that was againt Peyton? I would not drop Schaub, to get Garcia though. Schaub has much more value over the season then Garcia. I dont know your complete rules so just an idea.

I have the same diliemma, I have Eli Manning, Tom Brady and Matt Leinart. Brady Quinn has moved to the #2 spot in Cleveland now that Charlie Frye is with the Seahawks. With the way Leinart struggled in the preseason and last night's game vs. the 49ers, should I drop himn and pick up B. Quinn? Or staand pat?