[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Major Trade, Need Advice & Input

BjuddBucs

Let me start by saying that currently I am 5-0 and have a 3 game lead in my division. I have been seeking out a trade that can help me have a stronger team towards the end of the season since I am a lock for the playoffs pretty much. I think I found it and am looking for any advice.

My Current Lineup: (my league requires starting only 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLX (RB, QB, or WR), 1TE, 1DST)

QB: Jay Cutler

QB: Matt Hasselbeck

QB: Daunte Culpepper

RB: Addai/Keith

RB: Portis

RB: Ahman Green/Dayne

WR: Plaxico

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Derrick Mason

WR: Andre Davis

TE: BO SCHAFE

Now, I could stand pat and e in okay shape, but I have a huge gaping hole at TE and I would like a higher potential RB than Portis or Green.

I have been offered:

Cutler & Portis

for

Frank Gore & Dallas Clark

Now, I will lose this week because Clark, Addai, & Gore are on Bye so I will have to start Dayne & Green just to fill out a legal roster. However, in the long term, do you think Gore is going to pick it up with a lighter schedule coming up towards the end of the season? Clark is top 2 TE so thats a no-brainer. Bottom line, I dont care about losing this week. An undefeated season would be cool, but losing at the end wouldnt. If I do this trade, I go to 5-1, but my starting line-up for the rest of the year (since all my RB have passed bye weeks) would be:

QB: Hasselbeck

RB: Addai

RB: Gore

FLX: Green or Culpepper

WR: A Johnson

WR: Plax

TE: Clark

If I dont do it, I am looking at:

QB: Hasselbeck

RB: Addai

RB: Portis

FLX: Cutler/Green

WR: A Johnson

WR: Plax

TE: ????? (waiver wire?)

PLEASE gimme any input. Tell me I am a moron for thinking about it at all, or the other way around. But I am very torn and this is my first time on the site so I am taking a shot.

Thanks.

P.S. - My league is weighted towards running backs for scoring. For reference, Gore went for $62 at the draft and Cutler went for $20.

The way I see it Cutler is a throw in the way he is playing, so it is Portis for Gore and Clark. I do that deal.

See mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=224057

Thanks Wolf,

Depending on your record, it seems like a panic move. If you are still in contention and can afford 1 or 2 L's, I say stand pat. If not, go for it because the trade helps you now.