[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade talk. Too much to give up?

tadly24

I'm currently 5-0 in this league, and my QB/RB's/WR's are as follows (must start 1/2/2):

Rothlisberger

Griese

Ronnie Brown

LaMont Jordan

Willie Parker

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

Laveranues Coles

Patrick Crayton

I am trying to consolidate some of my depth for a quality stud QB. I have the following trade offer pending:

I would give up Willie Parker and Reggie Wayne, and get in return, Carson Palmer and Clinton Portis. This guy also has D. Bowe, G. Jennings and Santana Moss, he'd be willing to toss one in if needed.

Please let me know your thoughts, if you think it's too much to give up, but please keep in mind my potential starting lineup.

Thanks!

Ben averages around 15ish - 18ish pts a game (considering a performance league).

Palmer averages around 25ish

That would be a upgrade BUT

You would be giving up your stud WR and RB for a injury prone RB.

I doubt highly Portis will make it till the end of the season and that will leave you with Ronnie Brown who can be inconsistent and Lamont who is also injury prone.

Right now you have a solid QB. Maybe not flashy but solid.

You have Solid RBs - Why weaken yourself in that area.

You have excellent WRs - Williams, Wayne, Coles, Crayton. If you subtract Wayne then most likely your starters would be Williams and Coles bc Crayton ... well could be a #3 again faster than you could breath. You would end up downgrading yourself in WRs.

Even with an added receiver, which are a dime a dozen especially those, I would personally say the risk of adding Portis at the expense of Parker is not worth it.

Your team is solid and can handle an injury, bye week, suspension etc. Give up Wayne and Willie for Portis ... Not so much (maybe) (more likely probably and just a question of when)

If you are a gambling man ... have him throw in a WR and hope Portis produces. But, I think you are better off now and that Wayne and Willie produce enough to make up for the "lack" you see in a QB.