[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

marie osmond loses it

tonorator

down goes osmond ...

"She was laughing and then sank like a stone. ... Everyone froze," said ABC publicist Amy Astley. As the show cut to a commercial, Osmond started to rise and was helped by others, Astley said.

When the show resumed after the break, host Tom Bergeron told the studio audience and TV viewers that Osmond had fainted but was fine.

"I want to just quote her exactly. ... The first words out of her mouth when she saw us all leaning over her were, 'Oh, crap,'" Bergeron said. A backstage camera showed Osmond smiling and nodding.

The singer, who turned 48 on Oct. 13, was well enough to take part in the next segment, in which she and Roberts learned that judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman had each awarded them seven out of 10 possible points.

Osmond explained on-air that "once in a while that happens to me when I get winded. I stop breathing." She punctuated her remark with a giggle. She was expected to undergo a medical examination as a precaution, ABC's Astley said.

eta: it looked to me like the old guy bored her to death ...

Edited by tonorator