[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking to trade for a WR

Marshy

I'm in a PPR league (1 ppr, 1 pp10 yards, 6ppTouchdown), and would love to have a solid #3 WR.

My team is;

QB: Jon Kitna, Eli Manning

RB: LaDanian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch, Julius Jones, Jesse Chatman, Selvin Young, Sammy Morris

WR: Plaxico Burress, Marvin Harrison, Patrick Crayton, Kevin Curtis, David Patten, Nate Burleson

TE: Tony Gonzalez

K: Kris Brown

DEF: Tennesee, Kansas City

Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

I would like to have a solid WR i can start every week at #3, instead of having to switch between the best matchup.

I have enough depth to trade for one, and my thinking is trading a RB+WR for a solid WR.

I'm thinking of trading Jesse Chatman or Selvin Young + Patrick Crayton or Kevin Curtis.

What mix of these players would give me the best chance, and what kind of WR would i be looking for in this trade? A possible #1 or #2 WR?

Any advice welcomed! :D

Edited by Marshy

fanactic he's got a good points, with reggie wayne popping up everywhere, and that new rookie and their TE, jeez brain fart forgot the names hahahaha!!!, I dont think harrison would be one the best. I would say Kevin Curtis is definetly the best out of those 4, i would advise not to trade but i'd have to know who your trading them for

Is there something wrong with Harrison, (8 consecutive seasons with 10+ TD's) or Burress, (550 yards 8 TD's)?

Not at all, but seeing as it's a PPR league where you start 3 WRs, it'd help me out no end to have another solid WR to go with those two.

I don't see any other glaring weakness in my team (feel free to point out if you can see one).

It's a competitive league and i'm 4-3 with that team.

I would sit tight, you have a better team than half my league.

So given the chance to upgrade your #3 WR in a ppr league, by giving up your #3 and a benched RB, you wouldnt?

:D

i would advise not to trade but i'd have to know who your trading them for

Well that's why i made the thread, i really don't know what calibre WR i should be looking for.

The trade again would be Selvin young or Jesse Chatman, and Kevin Curtis or Patrick Crayton.

How high should i raise my expectations, throw out some names of the level WR i could get! :D

in this situation, I'd say it depends on what the opposing person (who your trading) needs, if he needs a running back or something else, I'd trade for that, honestly i could tell ya what "caliber" to look for, it all depends on if the person wants to trade something or not

The problem is that i really don't know what to go for.

Is it a Hines Ward Calibre player, or a Roy Williams, or better/worse?

I know a lot of it comes down to rosters and needs, but based just on stats what do people think? I'm stuck.

That's what i thought origionally, but i've heard many people on here talk about not giving Selvin Young up for anything less than a #2 WR, players like Joey Galloway were turned down in a straight trade.

I guess Chatman to be the same seeing he definatly takes over the starting job, plus Kevin Curtis/Patrick Crayton should up it a bit more.

Obviously this trade would work well with someone who needs desperate help at RB, and are well stocked at WR, but am i thinking ahead of myself and thinking about too much for the trade?

Edited by Marshy