[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tell me about weather stripping

polksalet

The stripping around my front door getting a little loose and need sto be fixed or replaced. Is there any kind that is better than others? How thick does it need to be? What kind of glue do I need? Anything else I need to know?

The stripping around my front door getting a little loose and need sto be fixed or replaced. Is there any kind that is better than others? How thick does it need to be? What kind of glue do I need? Anything else I need to know?

Sure there are. Of the V type brass lasts the longest. Foam strips are cheap but lasts the least. I would consult a good hardware store to see the different types. I would also go around and caulk all the gaps around doors and windows, but that's another matter.

Most weatherstipping around doors is nailed or stapled. Some comes with it's own adhesive. If you want the same take a sample in to a hardware store or Home Depot.

Many utility companies will do a free energy evaluation where they tell you where you are losing heat and cold(for summer).

Try this.