[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith - Am I crazy to trade for him?

Steelhead

This guy is 8-2 and I am 2 games back in the division to him. We play each other this week. He put out a msg that he wants to trade Steve Smith to get to strengthen his team to get and win the Superbowl. I first lowballed him with Hackett but then said Coles as well. Now I'm not sure that he agreed to Coles for Steve Smith straight up or Coles and Hackett for Steve Smith.

EDIT: He does want to take Steve Smith straight up for Coles

Is Steve Smith even worth trading for this year? His numbers have been horrid since week 2 without a QB to throw to him. Coles is solid though he has some questions at QB as well.

If Smith can turn it around and Harrison gets healthy then I am solid with Harrison, Smith, Engram as starters with Driver and Hackett as a backup.

This is a 2 man keeper league so next year I could keep Steve Smith and Gore instead of Harrison and Gore. I am very concerned about Harrison and been trying to get younger for the last 2 yrs.

Thanks in advance.

My team

QB - Kitna, Warner

RB - Gore, Henry, White, Young

WR - Harrison, Driver, Coles, Engram

TE - Witten, Eric Johnson

K - Reed, Gould

DEF - Ravens, Redskins

His team

QB - Brady, Losman

RB - Westbrook, Addai, , Julius Jones, Betts

WR - Steve Smith, Mason, Chambers, James Jones

TE - Winslow

K - Lindell

DEF - Lions, Bears

Edited by Steelhead

If your in a dynasty keeper league then yes!! Bite the bullet for this year as Steve will be a write off and reap the rewards in the future. I myself am in the same situation but will ride the lows right now with Steve. Remember its not him that sucks.

This guy is 8-2 and I am 2 games back in the division to him. We play each other this week. He put out a msg that he wants to trade Steve Smith to get to strengthen his team to get and win the Superbowl. I first lowballed him with Hackett but then said Coles as well. Now I'm not sure that he agreed to Coles for Steve Smith straight up or Coles and Hackett for Steve Smith.

Is Steve Smith even worth trading for this year? His numbers have been horrid since week 2 without a QB to throw to him. Coles is solid and Hackett looks like he's gonna do well. Should I do this trade if it's

Coles for Steve Smith

or

Coles, Hackett for Steve Smith

If Smith can turn it around and Harrison gets healthy then I am solid with Harrison, Smith, Engram as starters with Driver as a backup. Also I am not sure I want to trade him this week since we play each other.

EDIT: this is a 2 man keeper league so next year I could keep Steve Smith and Gore instead of Harrison and Gore.

Thanks in advance.

My team

QB – Kitna, Warner

RB – Gore, Henry, White, Young

WR – Harrison, Driver, Coles, Engram

TE – Witten, Eric Johnson

K – Reed, Gould

DEF – Ravens, Redskins

His team

QB – Brady, Losman

RB – Westbrook, Addai, , Julius Jones, Betts

WR – Steve Smith, Mason, Chambers, James Jones

TE – Winslow

K – Lindell

DEF – Lions, Bears

I talked to him and he does want to do Coles for Smith straight up. he's desperate to build up his WRs for the playoffs. Now I have to beat him to get to the division lead and will probably play him in the playoffs but NYJ doesn't have a very pass friendly schedule and with Mason and CHambers I dont' think Coles will make or break him.

His starters this week against me will be

Chambers vs IND

Mason vs CIN

James Jones vs MIN (in place of Smith vs ATL)

My starters would then be

Driver vs MIN

Engram vs SF

Smith vs ATL (in place of Hackett vs SF)

Edited by Steelhead