[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please explain to me how this trade is good for me

fredfred_fred

Scoring:

QB: 25 yrds = 1 pt; TD = 6; 3 pt bonus at 300;

RB: 10 yrds = 1 pt; TD = 6; 3 pt bonus at 120

-1 for fumble/int

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, + 1 flex; or

1 QB 1 RB, 4 WR

My team

Brady/Favre/Warner

LT/Edge/Chester Taylor/Justin Fargas/Vikes AP

S. Holmes/Colston/P. Crayton/Tony Gonzales/Ben Watson

His team

Phllip Rivers/Huard/McNair

McGahee/Portis/Westbrook/Buckhalter/Selvin Young

Braylon Edwards/Larry Fitzgerald/Javon Walker/Hines Ward/Roy Williams

I usually play 3 RB and 2 WR (Holmes and Colston). Total scoring for certain players in our league this year

Favre: 215

Rivers: 125

Holmes: 99

Colston: 98

R. Williams: 94

He offered R. Williams for Favre. I think it would be a terrible trade on my part (I gain very little, if anything, at WR, and he gains a lot in QB). He says I don't know what I'm talking about. I understand that I should probably trade Favre since he is a good player just sitting on my bench (but I am hesitant to trade him b/c I want him if/when the Pats bench Brady). I am in first, he is in fifth; six teams make the playoffs. Please explain how this would be good for me--what am I missing?

thanks!

you are playing not to lose with this strategy...

the deal helps your team because it helps you produce more points...

if you're so worried about Brady being benched then trade Brady and get something even better in return...

but the logic in him "winning" the trade is only a perspective....you can only worry about bettering your team....

unless he's in 2nd place and you are in first...then you might want to avoid dealing with him unless you know you got him beat...

Avernus, do you say that I add more points b/c I should/could start playing 3 WR and 2 RB?

In other words, should I play LT + (Edge or Taylor or Fargas) and Colston/Holmes/Williams. I don't see Williams being a much better producer than Colston or Holmes, and I don't think Williams would be a better flex position. Unless, of course, I am missing something about Williams numbers (for example--is he about to get into a good part of the schedule?)????

There is a bit of a 'not to lose' strategy, but I just don't see how this helps my team that much. that is what I am missing. R. Williams numbers are lower than both WRs i start.

thanks for the input.