[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hank blalock, tex? any chance to start?

allthumbs

this guy has a blurb that says his future is a mega star.

well, i follow bb news and apparently misssed this guy.

anyway, does anyone know something about him?

he's now listed as a third backup at 3b for the rangers.

what's the deal? will he come through spring training and get the starting job? (ala furcal in 2000)

or just wait and see?

or is it his time and could i steal him in my draft?

I live about ten minutes from The Ballpark in Arlington, and get lots of Rangers news. I've never actually seen Blaylock play yet, but all indications are that he's gonna be great. But, it might be 2003. He will very likely force Texiera to 1B (especially with the Pena trade). A big spring, and he might win the 3B job, but going into spring training, I think it's still Mike Lamb's job to lose for 2002. Keep an eye on this thru march though...

thanks dog for one of the best pointer answers i've seen on the board about obscure players. (either bb or fb)

are you in a bb league?

to me, the toughest fantasy is baseball. it's a draft of 240 players, with 750 players available, plus pull ups from the mnors.

i love it.

Guest FlyPattern

If you have a supplemental draft after your auction then perhaps taking blalock is worth a flyer. But don't get him before. He'll just be waived later when you need something more vital. If the Rangers were wise they should use him or Tex as trade bait. They need pitching bad!

Guest FlyPattern

Texas did just trade super-prospect, Carlos Pena, to Oakland and in return got a good one in Jason Hart. He is a deadringer for Giambi...in looks.

The Rangers need quality pitching badly. After Park they are hoping for success to just stay in games. Offense galore in any Ranger game.

feb 18th.

oh well, so much for the look on blalock.

www.rotoworld.com is reporting that mike lamb has the job, as of now.

it says blalock may go back to the minors for a month or two.

we'll see if anything changes. this guy is so hot a rookie that, maybe, anything can happen.

vince

He is like Griffey or Furcal when they went to camp. Slim chance of making the team to start. Everyone knows it is a matter of time, but they would like to see him do well at AAA first. If he just kills it in March, Texas may be forced to keep him, but he probably won't fall too far (or go too cheap in an auction) because most people have heard of him. Maybe because I live 5 hours from there, but Blaylock/Texiera are very well known here.