[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Playoff Defense

tacologic

This is my last week to add/drop players, so there are going to be several of these (sorry). I think it'll be easier to do it in smaller bites.

I won my division and have a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Thus, I only care about Weeks 15-16.

Sacks, INTs - 2, Fumble Recovery - 1, TD - 6

Current DEF - Steelers

Week 15 - Jaguars Week 16 - @Rams

On Wire - Vikings

Week 15 - Bears Week 16 - Redskins

On Wire - Packers

Week 15 - @ Rams Week 16 - @ Bears

On Wire - Cardinals

Week 15 @ Saints Week 16 - Falcons

I don't like Pittsburgh's matchup Week 15 with the Jags. I know the Steelers are strong at home, but Jax protects the ball well, Garrard doesn't throw INTs and so forth... Packers have a good pass rush and are going against two suspect O-Lines. And the Vikings play against two QBs that are turnover prone. The Cards can be good too and have a potentially easy schedule.

Who would you go with Weeks 15, 16?

I would keep the Steelers myself.

+1

With a stout D like Pittsburgh's, don't overanalyze the matchups (unless they are playing someone like the Patriots). In general, the Steelers should start every week. They are an opportunistic defense, and I don't buy that Jacksonville's offense will give it problems. I agree they may not force a lot of turnovers, but the fact that Garrard hasn't thrown a pick this year makes me feel that he's due to throw one. I'd stand pat.

+1

With a stout D like Pittsburgh's, don't overanalyze the matchups (unless they are playing someone like the Patriots). In general, the Steelers should start every week. They are an opportunistic defense, and I don't buy that Jacksonville's offense will give it problems. I agree they may not force a lot of turnovers, but the fact that Garrard hasn't thrown a pick this year makes me feel that he's due to throw one. I'd stand pat.

But overanalyzing is what I do! :D

I guess I just see the Packers getting about eight sacks against the Rams, and the Steelers getting like one fumble recovery against Jacksonville.