[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need computer help.

TheShiznit

I am trying to get my new computer to recognize my Lexmark printer on the router that has a fixed IP address. For example, I have a Linksys router that scrambles the IP addresses every so often. The address of the router is 192.168.1.100. So, I have made the printer address fall outside those parameters and made its address 192.168.1.99. I have input this into the printer. Here is my problem. The Broker Dealer I work with has some sort of filtering on the computer which allows it to work and print only in offices where there are Networked printers. Mine is technically not a network. Here is what I find troubling. When I open internet explorer and type in the IP address of the router or the printer, it won't open up. It is like the computer won't allow recognition that the router even exists. If anyone has a few moments today to post something here that I could try....or if anyone could PM me and maybe we could talk on the phone, that would be helpful as well.

TIA