[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Child seats and trucks

Mark5

I am asking this for a friend and have looked at MY owners manual and online at a carseat site. Could not see a definite answer to these questions. It has been way too long ago since I used any car seat so I have no idea.

I know the injury rate increases when using a truck and what he bought was a 99 F-150 regular cab truck.. Do you use a front face or back face baby seat? I read something about a tether strap but have no idea what that is..

My other question is can you put TWO car seats in a truck?

car seats never go in the front seat imo. but if they are placed there, make sure the air bag is turned off.

http://www.carseatsmadesimple.org/faqs.cfm?FAQID=38

Pick-up trucks with passenger air bags and no “shut-off” switch and no back seat cannot safely transport babies under one year of age and under 20 pounds. Babies this age must ride rear facing and always in the back seat; the front may only be used if there is no danger from an airbag.
Edited by dmarc117