[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's church still grabbing bigger shovels...

BeeR

Let's try once more. Maybe the kiddies in the audience can discuss this at least semi-intelligently w/o pounding on my kneecap this time (intentional or just plain stupidity?). And maybe I'll win the lotto :wacko:

I'm not the one harping on race FYI, I'm responding to those who are - try actually reading the quotes below this time, I know you can do it.

QUOTE(CNN) — The Rev. Jeremiah Wright's former church sharply criticized the media Sunday for recent coverage of his past controversial sermons, saying in a statement that Wright's "character is being assassinated in the public sphere."lol - actually they're just letting his words speak for themselves.

QUOTE"It is an indictment on Dr. Wright’s ministerial legacyThey got that right, at least.

QUOTE“The African American Church was born out of the crucible of slavery and the legacy of (blah blah etc)er I don't know what the fark he means by the "African American Church," but it aint UCC, FYI.

QUOTE"...and continues to heal broken marginalized victims of social and economic injustices..."By preaching racism, hypocrisy, lies, and non-accountability? OK.......

QUOTEIn the same statement, the Rev. John H. Thomas, the general minister and president of the United Church of Christ — the denomination to which Wright's church belongs — said the media was creating a "caricature" of his congregation.

“It’s time for us to say ‘No’ to these attacks and declare that we will not allow anyone to undermine or destroy the ministries of any of our congregations in order to serve their own narrow political or ideological ends," Thomas said."...but our preachers can serve their own narrow political or ideological ends all they want" :D

To say I'm disappointed and disgusted that UCC has neither the backbone nor morality to denounce these clowns is a gross understatement.

And just maybe Obama may need to do more than matter-of-factly go "I don't agree with him" this time.

Edit: link FYI http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...-assassination/