[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to the Doc tomorrow

Skilly

Has anyone here ever had problems with their SI joint (sacroiliac)?

I am pretty sure this is my problem, from what I've read concerning the symptoms I have. Lower back pain, on the left side; considerable loss of mobility and range of motion in my left leg; difficulty in putting on my sock and shoe on that side; waking up with stiffness (not the good kind)

Has anyone ever seen an orthopedic surgeon about something like this? I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I go in so I know what to expect. Looking for anyone with experiences with treatment, meds, physical therapy, and surgery. Thanks.

Wow, where do I start?! I've had a fusion for spinal stenosis causing sciatica (pain radiating into my butt and down the back of my legs), but my MRI also shows arthritis in the facet joints of my sacroiliac area. The pain from the arthritis doesn't radiate anywhere but instead stays in my lower back on either side of my spine. It's especially bad in the morning when I first get out of bed and also causes loss of lower back mobility until I stretch and get on with my day. I 've been told that surgery for arthritis is not an option, but epidural injections of local anesthesia plus antiinflammatories can give temporary relief. Other people swear by acupuncture for relief.

Hope this helps. :wacko:

Wow, where do I start?! I've had a fusion for spinal stenosis causing sciatica (pain radiating into my butt and down the back of my legs), but my MRI also shows arthritis in the facet joints of my sacroiliac area. The pain from the arthritis doesn't radiate anywhere but instead stays in my lower back on either side of my spine. It's especially bad in the morning when I first get out of bed and also causes loss of lower back mobility until I stretch and get on with my day. I 've been told that surgery for arthritis is not an option, but epidural injections of local anesthesia plus antiinflammatories can give temporary relief. Other people swear by acupuncture for relief.

Hope this helps. :wacko:

Thanks Chargerz. Well, the doc diagnosed me with arthritis in my hip joints and didn't say anything about the SI joint. He took x-rays and showed them to me.....pointed out some bone spurs that are aggravating the situation. Basically, he said that it will eventually just get worse and hip replacement is the ultimate option. I'm only 39, but apparently this is more common than I thought. Basically, my option at this point is physical therapy and anti-inflammatories. I might try accupuncture too.

Thanks Chargerz. Well, the doc diagnosed me with arthritis in my hip joints and didn't say anything about the SI joint. He took x-rays and showed them to me.....pointed out some bone spurs that are aggravating the situation. Basically, he said that it will eventually just get worse and hip replacement is the ultimate option. I'm only 39, but apparently this is more common than I thought. Basically, my option at this point is physical therapy and anti-inflammatories. I might try accupuncture too.

Interesting that he gave you a diagnosis and recommended hip replacement based on a single X-ray of your hip. You might want to seek a second opinion.