[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleaning up something incorrect on credit

westvirginia

There's an error on my credit reports, and it's the fault of the company, I'm sure, and not the credit bureaus, since they all three are reporting the same information. What kind of letter do I need to write? Does someone have a link to where I can get the addresses?

TIA

It should fall off all three. I'm asking if there's a particular form letter I should use and where I should send it.

This form here will get you started Form

You can google the addresses pretty easily for all three bureaus.

Being in the mortgage business, I have seen a lot of customers fight the process. It will drive you nuts, but its worth the effort.

Good luck.

I have the triple advantage score keeper or whatever and there's an area in the dispute center where u can do it online and explain why the info is wrong....it can take between 1-10 days before the info is corrected and you receive an e-mail about it...

I have mine on freecreditreport.com and have disputed something recently...

There's all kind of forms you can send it...but it's easier to do it online. You just click the item you want to dispute and give the explanation. Otherwise you need to mail everything certified.

If it doesn't come off the first time, there are special forms that should help. But I'd always try the online solution first.