[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reasons the Blues can come back and win the series

Lerxst

1.The Blues defense is playing great right now. They have held the great Detroit offense to only 6 goals in 3 games. The Blues defense is as deep as I have ever seen it. Pronger & MacInnis are top-notch obviously and the Blues other defenseman are as solid as all get-out right now.

2.Brent Johnson is playing as well or even better than Hasek right now. No one can deny that Hasek is the better goalie, but what matters is who is playing better right now.

3.The line of Tkachuk-Mellanby-Demitra is arguably the best in hockey right now. They have accounted for 7 of the Blues 8 goals in this series and they are still producing despite the fact that the Blues 2nd line is not scoring at all.

4.Detroit stars Shanahan, Federov and Robataille are MIA.

5.Yzerman's injury. Despite my hatred for the Red Wings, there is no denying the greatness of Yzerman. However,the fact remains that he is playing with an injury that is not going to get better as long as he keeps playing. He was great in the first series and game 1 against the Blues, but, aside from a gimme at the beginning of game 2, he has been a non-factor the last 2 games. No one in hockey has a bigger heart than Yzerman, but even the best players cannot overcome a serious injury.

I am not saying the Blues ARE going to come back and win this series. I am simply giving reasons why I think they can.

Good post Lerxst. Now I'll give some reasons why I think the Wings will bounce back in game 4 and win the series.

1.) Stars like Shanahan, Federov, and Robitaille have been fairly quite and you can't hope to keep them off the board forever.

2.) Hasek has played long enough to have a short memory about a bad game and bounce back to have a good one.

3.) The Wings are a veteran team that knows how bad it would be to let St. Louis tie it up. Whether or not they can do anything about it is to be seen, but they do know the importance of this next game.

4.) Mellanby has been a machine so far. Mellanby??? A good player but not someone you really think of when you think clutch playoff performers. He'll continue to get some chances but I don't think he can continue to perform at a goal a game pace.

Guest Azazello13

6. as the series wears on, the blues' advantage in size and age will become more and more of a factor. tkachuk and mellanby (and mayers and drake and nash, etc.) aren't going to be getting any easier to deal with. the blues seem better constructed for a long, tough series than the wings, IMO.

but of course, all this means next to nothing if they don't win game 4. detroit's still in the driver's seat for the time being.

Foosball God

[QB]Good post Lerxst.  Now I'll give some reasons why I think the Wings will bounce back in game 4 and win the series.

1.) Stars like Shanahan, Federov, and Robitaille have been fairly quite and you can't hope to keep them off the board forever.

[QB]

The same could be said for Young, MacInnis, Weight and Stillman.