[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carolina is in final four?!?!?!?!

Lerxst

Just another example of how pitiful the East is when a team gets that far that keeps shuffling goalies because they keep playing crappy. What a shame that a team like the Hurricanes is in the conference finals, while in the West, the Blues and either the Avalanche or Sharks will be ousted in the 2nd round.

Lerxst:

Just another example of how pitiful the East is when a team gets that far that keeps shuffling goalies because they keep playing crappy. What a shame that a team like the Hurricanes is in the conference finals, while in the West, the Blues and either the Avalanche or Sharks will be ousted in the 2nd round.

The reason they can shuffle goalies is because both play at a high level. After Roy, Hasek, etc. other teams don't have guy who'll step up.

The way I look at it is St. Louis and the Sharks and or Avs had their shot over here and couldn't make it. What's the difference if they were in the East and made it a little farther before they got beat?

They remind me a lot of the 95-96 Florida Panthers who went to the finals- of the rat-throwing fame.

Panthers/Canes arestill better than the 82 Canucks, who made it all the way to the finals after a sub-.500 season. I just remember Tiger Williams and all their towel-waving fans.

Stop whining about the East. Carolina has played solid, and the goalie rotation is working for them. This is a good hockey club with a lot of talent, and they are taking advantage of the fact that Boston and Philly are out. Keep in mind they beat NJ in the first round, which is an impressive victory. Besides, what are you basing the East being weak on this year?

Congrats to the 'Canes, and good luck the rest of the way.

it would be good for the NHL to have some success in Carolina, but I still can't figure out why the cane are not in Charlotte? I agree with Lerxst which must hurt him, as he has branded me an "idiot" (although a literate one, I guess). The fact the Hurricanes have made it this far with their goalie rotation is unusual to say the least. It shows the overall weakness of the east, but the canes have little say in the matter. If you list the top goalies from top to bottom, the guys in Carolina would be in the second half of the list (IMO).... yes it's working for the Canes and, yes, they are taking advantage of what the powers that be arranged for them conference-wise, but the bottom line is they are not near the level of the West's final 4 squads.