[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fluery to the Sharks?

redwings.cup

Guest Azazello13

with all his well-publicized baggage, fleury should actually come pretty cheap. i don't think it has too much bearing on whether they re-sign selanne or not. but then again, maybe it does, i dunno.

Guest Azazello13

this deal may not indicate a desire by the sharks to keep fleury at all. the rangers dealt him for next to nothing because the rangers' team salary is too high under league rules for them to receive a compensatory draft pick if fleury (a restricted free agent) signs with another team. but the sharks CAN receive the compensatory pick. so more than likely that's what this was all about.

Azazello13:

this deal may not indicate a desire by the sharks to keep fleury at all.  the rangers dealt him for next to nothing because the rangers' team salary is too high under league rules for them to receive a compensatory draft pick if fleury (a restricted free agent) signs with another team.  but the sharks CAN receive the compensatory pick.  so more than likely that's what this was all about.

hadn't heard that, but it makes perfect sense.

I watched a lot of him this year with the Rangers. He was always a head case, but man he has all but lost it now. I don't think he brings many good charecteristics to a team. I really loved his theory on all the refs being against him.....

i've always sort of felt bad for Fluery. While it has not been heavily publicized, it is a well known fact in hockey circles that he was part of the "Sheldon Kennedy" thing. Same guy took advantage of Theoren, too, so I've heard. he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but has always been cordial to the fans when approached. I think Fluery is a good person who had a rough childhood. I'm no shrink, but you can go from there......