[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Steelers D/ST for Eagles D/ST ?

mibar22

I currently have Greenbay and Steelers Defense..

Eagles were just dropped and available via waiver-wire. Should I dump off the Steelers for the Eagles?

I feel as though I should keep Steelers D/ST, but I'm just getting the itch to make the move, and I'm not sure why.

Any insight / opinions ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point System:

Team Defense / Special Teams

0 points allowed 10 || 2-6 points allowed 7

7-13 points allowed 4 || 14-17 points allowed 1

22-27 points allowed -1 || 28-34 points allowed -4

35-45 points allowed -7 || 46+ points allowed -10

Blocked Punt or FG return for TD 6

Each Interception 2

Each Fumble Recovered 2 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 2

Each Safety 2 Each Sack 1

Kickoff Return TD 6 Punt Return TD 6

Interception Return TD 6 Fumble Return TD 6

Edited by mibar22

quite honestly, the steelers D is looking like its better than GB...

You think ? They played very well, but Houston didn't look like they were on the same page. The only thing that clicked on their offense was Schaub to Johnson (what else is new?). While the Steelers played Minnesota.. yeah Tarvaris is there, but so it AP. I thought Minnesota played a good game.

What makes you arrive at that conclusion? and thanks for the response.

Edited by mibar22

Last year, Brett favre was the best system quarterback of all time. He threw when necessary, Small slants, out routs... Screens... TIME CONSUMERS., and the packers nearily always DOMINATED Time of possession. Meaning less scoring opportunities for the other team... its not hard to be in the top 5 of most categories on defense if you play 3 less series a game than another team. the Steelers scored quickly and often, giving the texans (who aren't a half bad team) Plenty of oppertunities to score, and until the end, they failed. the packers dont have the best system QB anymore... The packers D will be on the field mroe this year... and the Steelers D showed they can play witht he best... I would keep what you have. your D's look fine to me.

and i'm saying this as an Eagles fan BTW

interesting.. thanks for clarifying.. you've got a point. I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Steelers are very shaky and not very consistent. Specifically when on the road (most Defenses play better at home for obvious reasons).. I also took ease of schedule into consideration, but nothing there really JUMPS out..

in all, thanks for your insight.