[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR/RB Combo Week 3

legionofangels

Ok I can only do one of these matchups based upon who my teams are playing:

Andre Johnson WR HOU vs. TEN & Michael Pittman DEN vs. NO

or

Bryant Johnson WR SF vs. DET & Chris Johnson TEN vs. HOU

I'm leaning towards the bottom choice, DET has one of the worst pass defenses in the league while TEN is currently the number 1 defense in the league. While DEN is playing against a dynamic offense in NO with 3 backs splitting carries, meaning anyone might score while Chris Johnson is playing against HOU who gave up 3 TD's and 130 yards to PIT & Willie Parker.

Anyone agree or think otherwise?

Edited by legionofangels

Im confused. Why cant you play Andre and CJ?

I could, but I don't play my players against each other. We haven't seen it yet too much but if either team gets blown out I want to be on the right side of the ball as the offense on one side would be struggling. Plus Andre faces the toughest defense in the league, while SF and Bryant Johnson play one of the weakest pass defenses in the league. It's likely the 49ers will do well against Detroit. They might still lose the game, but they should put up solid numbers. While Andre did good the first game, no TD's and faced a great defense that game, so I don't think they'll do that well against an even better defense.

I play both the matchups and the players quality, and I just think the latter choice will have a better game.

Anyone else's thoughts?

I could, but I don't play my players against each other. We haven't seen it yet too much but if either team gets blown out I want to be on the right side of the ball as the offense on one side would be struggling. Plus Andre faces the toughest defense in the league, while SF and Bryant Johnson play one of the weakest pass defenses in the league. It's likely the 49ers will do well against Detroit. They might still lose the game, but they should put up solid numbers. While Andre did good the first game, no TD's and faced a great defense that game, so I don't think they'll do that well against an even better defense.

I play both the matchups and the players quality, and I just think the latter choice will have a better game.

Anyone else's thoughts?

+1. This is wacked logic and you're WAY over analyzing this.

You always play your two best guys even if they are playing against each other...in this case it is the Andre Johnsons and Chris Johnson by a MILE. Chris Johnson has TONS, TONS more upside than Pittman. Andre is not even in the same class with Bryant Johnson.

Edited by splotchman

Very well then.

I will take your advice under consideration.

The last time I played 2 of my options against each other, I lost that week by 12 points.

When I played against all different teams in my matchups I won by 37 points to a person who outscored the person who beat me in week 1.

I'm the 2nd rated coach in the league by the people I've started vs. who I didn't. Again, too early to tell for that to be a good statistic, but even week 1 when I lost I was the 3rd rated coach overall of 12 teams. So I think my player picking is pretty good against the others in my league.

Plus while Andre Johnson is a great receiver, I really have a hard time believing that he is going to do great against the number 1 defense in the league. It just seems illogical since he didn't score much vs. PIT in week 1 as far as fantasy points.