[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with Trade; Calvin Johnson + ? for Gore or Barber?

thud

Hey Huds,

Looking for a little advice here. I'm trying to plan out the most optimal trade and am getting a little roster shy. My team is in my sig, as well as league notes, and here is the other owner's team.

QB Philip Rivers, Marc Bulger

RB Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Matt Forte, Rudi Johnson

WR Bryant Johnson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe

DST Patriots

K Rob Bironas

My main goal in the trade is to grab RB Frank Gore, or RB Marion Barber, and then possibly WR Welker on the tail end. He's looking for a good deal, aren't we all, and has earmarked my top 3 WR, Wayne, A.Johnson, and C.Johnson.

First, which RB should I target? I'm leaning heavily towards Frank Gore atm, but Barber is solid as well.

Second, does this sound like a good offering:

WR Calvin Johnson + TE Kellen Winslow (+ Titans DST?) for RB Frank Gore + Wes Welker (+ Patriots DST?)?

Would be same offering for Barber.

If Holmes can pull through I'm a happy FFer, but Calvin could grow to a monster through the season. My only problem is, I'm not real confident in Graham in the long-run.

Help please!

(link and I'll do best to comment)

*thud*

Hey Huds,

Looking for a little advice here. I'm trying to plan out the most optimal trade and am getting a little roster shy. My team is in my sig, as well as league notes, and here is the other owner's team.

QB Philip Rivers, Marc Bulger

RB Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Matt Forte, Rudi Johnson

WR Bryant Johnson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe

DST Patriots

K Rob Bironas

My main goal in the trade is to grab RB Frank Gore, or RB Marion Barber, and then possibly WR Welker on the tail end. He's looking for a good deal, aren't we all, and has earmarked my top 3 WR, Wayne, A.Johnson, and C.Johnson.

First, which RB should I target? I'm leaning heavily towards Frank Gore atm, but Barber is solid as well.

Second, does this sound like a good offering:

WR Calvin Johnson + TE Kellen Winslow (+ Titans DST?) for RB Frank Gore + Wes Welker (+ Patriots DST?)?

Would be same offering for Barber.

If Holmes can pull through I'm a happy FFer, but Calvin could grow to a monster through the season. My only problem is, I'm not real confident in Graham in the long-run.

Help please!

(link and I'll do best to comment)

*thud*

I'm not sure you're giving up enough...Barber has been a beast. Also your league does not require a TE, so Winslow loses some value here. The defenses are honestly a wash b/w the Pats and the Titans, so I'd keep them out of it. What if you offered him Calvin for Barber straight up? He probably won't go for it, but then see what he wants. You're more likely gonna have to give up Calvin + Winslow for Barber...

Thanks for the tip.

Owner just got back to me with a prompt. HA! He was only willing to consider Calvin Johnson 1:1 for Matt Forte. No sir, not in my book. Saying that only way to talk for Barber would be Reggie Wayne + someone. Not thinking I want to go that far. Realistically it'll be me and this owner in the Championship game again this year (x-fingers) So he keeps a pretty good eye on things.

*thud*