[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb Trade - Me Too?

otis29

My team is in my sigline...I've started 2-0, with the 3rd highest point total in our league so far, but when I look at some other rosters, I'm sensing this team has some major holes. Primarily at WR (we combine TE into this position as well). Obviously, TO is the man right now, and Holmes should be ok as a WR2 most weeks, but at WR3 I'm pretty hosed. I screwed myself in the draft by taking Engram too early, and I'm not buying into a Berrian resurgence with Frerotte at the helm.

I've had some preliminary chats with an owner in our league, who has started 0-2 and might be panicking a bit - he has a decent roster (Palmer, Edwards, Addai are his studs) that has underperformed to this point. He's definitely interested in McNabb/Portis/MJD. I love the way McNabb is playing, but worry about him long-term. I was thinking of starting with the following offer and see where it leads:

I give: McNabb/MJD/Berrian

I get: C. Palmer/Kevin Smith/B. Edwards

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I think Palmer and Edwards are too good to lay down the rest of the year. I'm not sure this owner feels the same, especially in regards to Palmer. But this trade would definitely help my WR situation. I've got Kitna already, so I'd have some insurance for Palmer if he lays an egg the rest of the year. And I'm thinking MJD/K. Smith is a wash, but watching Fred Taylor get most of the touches is going to drive me insane this year. Plus, I have J. Stewart hopefully to fill that void later this season.

What say you, huddlers? Is he going to call me insane and reject me out of hand? If McNabb stays healthy, he looks to be a top 3 or 4 QB. My guess is he asks to replace MJD with Portis...

You know the old saying...IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!!

Or how about this one...YOU ALWAYS RIDE THE HOT PONY!!

McNabb is an injury risk...very true. But Palmer and the rest of Cincy are in disaray. They may turn themselves around, but what if they don't. You traded away the most productive player on your roster and then you are stuck with two duds at QB. If mcNabb gets hurt, you always have kitna.

MJD is a slow starter traditionally. Wait for him. They will play him significantly more as the season grow older and Taylor needs more rest.

Edwards would look great...but giving away all that you would have to to get him doesn't seem frugile.

It's two weeks into the season, you are 2-0 with the 3rd most points. Relax. Play out a few more games and take a look at where you are then. If then you are 2-3, look to trade. But it is a bad move for you to pull this trade now.

I hear ya, and that is my usual philosophy. But I've finished second in this league a few times, make the playoffs every year, but never seem to have the firepower to go all the way. There's also the chance that in three or four weeks, Palmer and Edwards values increase quite a bit.

But thanks for the advice, it's definitely food for thought. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.