[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the stud? A QB quandry

HabOff

I drafted Derek Anderson and started him weeks one and two. He was the "stud" QB I was going with this year.

I also drafted Jake Delhomme, and he's done only slightly better than Anderson the first two weeks.

Last week I picked up Kurt Warner off the WW (8 team league).

I don't think Anderson will approve this week against the Steelers. Delhomme gets his star back at WR and a somewhat soft MIN secondary. Warner has put up great numbers through two weeks but finally faces a decent team this week (and on the road).

I'm leaning towards designating Warner as the stud and starting him every week considering he's got Boldin and Fitzgerald whereas Delhomme only has a single decent option at WR. I'll use Anderson as a filler in trade offers as needed or jsut flat dump him if I find a good option off the WW.

Does this seem reasonable? Or is there an upside to Anderson that I'm just not seeing?

Consider that the Browns have played Dallas and Pittsburgh thus far (Pitt in really crappy weather), and I think that you can argue that Anderson could bounce back for you. The Browns play the Bengals in week 4. I wouldn't dump him until after that game at the earliest. And if he plays well, then see if you can trade him. I say that because Cleveland has a BRUTAL schedule this season, and I don't think that Anderson's long term value is very high. As for Warner and Delhomme, I'd play the matchups, favoring Warner when things look close on matchups.

Please respond to my post here.

Thanks!

As long as he stays upright and healthy, I like Warner the best out of those guys.

I agree with the last poster, wait and see how D.A. can do against the Bengals and see if you can trade him if he does well. I just don't like the situation in Cleveland this year and I really think that Brady Quinn might be in there if things are looking really bad by mid/late October. Delhomme should be consistently good with a good team and now getting Steve Smith back is only going to help - he could be a spot starter if Warner is facing a brutal defense, but week to week my pick would be Warner.