[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rather than bothering to rant about US Airways...

detlef

I'm just going to assume that my two recent experiences with them that ranged from lame to inexcusable is par for the course and leave out the details?

I had to fly last minute and they were the only ones with departure and arrival times that worked at reasonable price. I guess you get what you pay for.

flew on them two weeks ago and it was just miserable. of course i had to drop the $15 fee to check a bag. that still stings. our flight was already late and then they pack us on the airplane only to find that we have to sit for 45 minutes because there were about 30 planes ahead of us for takeoff. so after enduring this hell and the uncomfortable temperature on the airplane, i'm told when i ask for a glass of water that i can only purchase it for $2.

flew on them two weeks ago and it was just miserable. of course i had to drop the $15 fee to check a bag. that still stings. our flight was already late and then they pack us on the airplane only to find that we have to sit for 45 minutes because there were about 30 planes ahead of us for takeoff. so after enduring this hell and the uncomfortable temperature on the airplane, i'm told when i ask for a glass of water that i can only purchase it for $2.

I'll see your sat on the plane for 45 minutes and raise you...

...after 45 minutes, we pulled away from the gate, did a lap around the airport and then came back to the gate because some light that was supposed to go off wouldn't go off and all had to deplane...

...only to have half of us get told that we should get back on because we'd be in time to make a connection but the rest of us not (I was in that group) because they could better serve us by rerouting us...

...only to have them say, "oops, I guess we should have had to get on that one because it looks like we wont be able to get you to your destination until 6 hours after you were supposed to get there regardless of the carrier. Had we put you on that plane, we'd have gotten you there only about 2 hours late."

That, btw, is only one of about 4 screw-ups I endured flying with them. Though, in fairness, it was the worst.