[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trying to set up my playoff roster

jr49erfan1

Ill do my very best to analize and answer yours if you post a link in your response.

Just offered KOrton/JLewis for PManning/RGrant. At first glance this looks like it could never happen, but I justify the proposal below.

All weekly averages are using my leagues scoring system, 6 pts for all TD's, 1 per 10 yds rushing, 1 per 25 yds passing, 1 PPR, -2 pts for FUM/INT. 10 teams, 2 divisions, Im currently in second place in my division at 5-2, chasing division leader at 6-1. Teams 3-5 in my division are currently 3-4, 2-5, 2-5 respectively. Top 2 teams in each division make playoffs. Commish veto only on trades, he's the 6-1 team in my division. Trade deadline in my league is this week on Wednesday.

Message I sent to potential trade partner with proposal, who incidentally is 0-6 in the other division:

"I'm trying to set my squad up for the playoff push, I like PManning and RGrant for their playoff schedules (weeks 14& 15). Grant (7.71 points per week [PPW]) did break out a bit this week with 21 points, Manning (12.25 PPW) is pretty inconsistent right now. Orton (17.14 PPW) has been one of the NFL's most solid QB's, and Lewis (9.57 PPG) looks to be warming up a bit after a slow start. Together Orton/Lewis this year have been averaging 26.71 PPW, VS Manning/Grant's 19.96 PPW. I know just by name value and draft position for each player this doesnt stack up, but between the link to the online trade analyzer, and the PPW that he players have put up through 7 weeks, your clearly making your team better week in and week out, and Im gambling on setting up a playoff roster for a playoff Im not guaranteed to make!!!"

My playoffs are weeks 14 and 15, Ortons matchups are JAC and NO, McNabbs are @NYG and CLE, and Mannings are CIN and DET!!! I like McNabb's schedule marginally going forward over Orton (except his week 9 VS DET). Should I just be trying to ride with Orton/McNabb, or is Mannings playoff matchup worth giving up Orton?

At RB CPortis is a automatic start, and I fell pretty good with EGraham going forward except in weeks 10, 11, and most importantly 14 (bye, MIN, @CAR), where I would spell him with RGrant week 14 (VS HOU). Am I over thinking all of this, is it too soon to be worrying about matchups 2 months away?

My roster is as follows:

QB- DMcNabb

RB1- CPortis

RB2- EGraham

WR1- Andre Johnson

WR2- ABoldin

WR3- RMoss

CHI DEF

K- MCrosby

BENCH

KOrton- used him the last 2 weeks

JLewis

DMcFadden

SBreaston- use him when ABoldin is out

IHilliard- gonna bounce him this week???

NYJ DEF- by week fill this week (VS KC)

SAlexander- picked up last week to handcuff CPortis, might drop this week though for DSproles???

JElam- by week fill this week (@ PHI), might be my starter going forward???

other teams lineup:

QB- PManning

RB1- TJones

RB2- WDunn

WR1- MColston

WR2- MMuhammed

WR3- CCooley

MIA DEF

K- NFolk

BENCH

RGrant

THolt

MHasselbeck

KWinslow

LMcClain

NE DEF

MJones

DMason

20 views and no replys???

Cliff notes for those that dont want to read my wall of text.

I trade K Orton and J Lewis, I get P Manning and R Grant.

Orton is hot, doesnt have a great matchup in playoff weeks (14 & 15), Manning in not hot, but has an awesome playoff schedule. Im not starting Lewis, and would be getting Grant pretty much to fill in for E Graham on week 14.

I would definitely do it!

I like Manning to improve big time and I like what you're doing setting yourself up for the playoffs.

I too am looking to get Manning for that very reason. I think Manning will be at full strength when the Colts are at full strength with Saturday coming back (heard when He's coming back??) and Addai and the running game?

Could u answer mine as well...

UJack

Seriously man...trim it up abit. Any moron who would give up manning (in a dome during winter months) and Grant for Orton and Lewis is a moron. Stop bragging and go write in your diary.

Dude, right now Im the 4th place team in my 10 man league, on the bubble to make the playoffs. Trying to guage whether folks think that Peyton is going to come around or if Orton is good enough to ride out. And as I wrote in my initial post, by the numbers, Orton and Lewis have been the better pair!

As for the length of the original post, how many "should I do this trade posts" are filled with responses asking, whats your roster like, whats their roster like, what the scoring system? Just was trying to be thorough, in order to get the most insightful positions. Sorry, you must be a Denver fan so I understand you being in a bad mood, and thanks for the bump either way.....

If you're in a league with an owner that would make that trade, go for it. After the trade goes through, help that owner readjust the tightness of his helmet and help him get back on the short bus.

You said it all! :wacko:

You can justify the trade all you want, but the bottom line is just what Samson wrote.