[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which pick up would you make?

hamlet11102

My kicker is Matt Prater and I need to cover him for the bye week. The Denver offense is in the toilet so rather than dropping Cedric Benson to pick up a bye week fill in I'm thinking of just dropping Prater.

The best of the available kickers are David Akers and Matt Bryant.

Should I drop Prater and if so who is the better long term pickup?

It is almost impossible to tell which of these two kickers will be better long term. You can play matchups with kickers all year long. It isn't really a big factor. I use probably 10 kickers throughout the year and I typically am in the top third in kicker points in my leagues. So, drop him for the guy with the best matchup this week and go from there.

i've got the top scoring position with kickers and i've only used the same kicker once (reed a few weeks apart). why you would be worried about dropping a kicker i don't understand. it doesn't matter how good of a kicker they are, but how many opportunities they get that particular week (which is a bit of a crapshoot in itself). i have one guy in my league that has 2 kickers on his bench, which i can't understand for the life of me.

drop prater and don't think twice about it. plus, if you want him back that bad he'll be there next week. nobody is going to jump on a KICKER on his bye week.

Edited by dino88