[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this overthinking things too much?

jordanzs

Our league has a 8 team 3 week playoff, which runs from week 14 to week 16.

My team will be in the playoffs, I'm pretty solid, leading in points & 1 game out of first place.

I have Philly's D and Minnesota's D on my team.

Now that Philly had their bye week, I was gonna drop Minnesota's D.

But looking at week 14, which is our first round of the playoffs, Philly plays at the Giants, meanwhile, Minnesota plays at Detroit. Last year we saw the 2, 3, and 4 seeded teams go down in the first round of the playoffs, so anything can happen.

Am I crazy for sandbagging a Defense like this for matchups that far away?

Edited by jordanzs

I dont know how your scoring is in your league, but in mine Minnesota is just 14 points behind Philly, so I dont think theres much of a drop off there. If I were you I'd be more worried about my other matchups other than defense. What does the rest of your team look like? If you feel you need to upgrade something else like RB or WR, then drop a defense.

I too go over my matchups at least a dozen times before choosing who to start/bench/drop/add. :wacko:

I dont know how your scoring is in your league, but in mine Minnesota is just 14 points behind Philly, so I dont think theres much of a drop off there. If I were you I'd be more worried about my other matchups other than defense. What does the rest of your team look like? If you feel you need to upgrade something else like RB or WR, then drop a defense.

I too go over my matchups at least a dozen times before choosing who to start/bench/drop/add. :wacko:

In our league, Philly has 138 points for the year vs. 114 for Minny. But, that is also skewed by 1 game since Philly had their bye & Minny didn't. Our defenses usually score anywhere from 8 points (bad game) to 30 points or more (good game, sacks, ints, forced fumbles, td, etc). So yeah, there can be a big spread between Ds on a weekly basis.

Good point. I forgot about that bye thrown in there. I guess MN would be the defense I would drop then, considering how horrible theyve been on special teams and the points theve been giving up. Plus, dropping MN would free you up to add some depth. It might be a long shot, but you may put feelers out there to see what you can get in return, selling the point that they have an easy playoff schedule..maybe something would come of it, people get desperate.

This is all coming from a MN season ticket holder who fears his team is unraveling.

I too am preparing for the playoffs. Why else would I have Cedric Benson on my team for god sakes? :wacko: