[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

engineer

I was offered Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush for Marion Barber. I was trying to get some advice on what to do.

I know that Chris Johnson has an easier schedule than Barber and from what I keep hearing Bush should be back in the next couple of weeks.

If anyone has any advice on the trade, please let me know

I also have Steve Slaton and MJD

I hate Marion Barber' schedule, he is a beast though and he's going to get his points...Chris Johnson is a bonafide stud, he only gets his TDs on long carries so you are going to lose some TD points there to Lendale White, there is no exception to the short yardage rule in Tennesee, White gets those plays.

Bush can be a stud if he's healthy, just realize its more about receiving yards for him than it is rushing yards.

I do this trade as long as you can afford to have Reggie out for the next 3 weeks.

Good Luck

WashD

I think the key questions/observations on this trade are::

1. What is your position in the league right now? Are you fairly certain to make the playoffs, or do you need a big push now? If it's the former, this is probably a good trade as it gives you two solid RBs for playoff weeks. Johnson + a healthy Bush will almost certainly score more than MB.

2. What is your depth? Who's starting right now at your RB2/Flex positions? Who gets moved to the bench when you plug Bush + Johnson into the lineup? I think you have to evaluate trades not just in terms of what you're getting, but how you improve your roster. In other words, if you have an RB1 who is producing 12 ppg and an RB 2 who is producing 5 ppg, and you trade for two RBs producing 8 ppg and sit your current RB2 to put the new players in the lineup, it's a good deal in the sense that you are getting 16 points in exchange for 12, but your total scoring is reduced from 17 ppg to 16 ppg.

3. I guess I'm a bit skeptical about Bush coming back 100% from knee surgery this year, but the Saints will probably find ways to use him. You might just have to assume he's at no better than 80-90% though.

Very interesting trade though.