[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone benching Moss this week?

Largent

first, they'll probably try to run the ball - but more importantly, the Indy pass rush was looking pretty strong vs the Titans. With Cassell holding the ball and the noise in Indy - I have a feeling Moss has a good chance at 20yrds 2 catches kind of day. I'm leaning on giving Avery another shot vs the Cards lame pass D and a shootout in St. Louis.....anyone else feel like he's bench material this week?

It's obviously a match up call...he's not a must start this week, but I wouldn't call him a must bench either...

A few things:

1) I have to assume Belichek employs the passing game plan he used in the last game. That means when Randy is running deep, he's a decoy for underneath routes by Welker/Watson/Faulk/Gaffney, but he's only running deep about 20% of the time. The other chunk of time he's running underneath routes, crossing patterns, slants, bubble screens, etc which are tougher to defend because of his size and are far more easy for Cassel to execute on.

2) I'm assuming that this game is a bit of a shoot out, Indy should be able to put up points on the Pat's D, so while the Pats will try to grind it out early to maintain ball control and keep Indy off of the field, by the second half they are probably playing catch up and getting the ball to Welker and Moss to do this.

That said I think Moss is a good play this week....is he a better play than Avery, I don't think so, I like Avery against the Cards who have the tendency to over react to play action setting themselves up for big plays, and Avery is the hotter hand. But there are plenty of other WRs out there that I would probably bench over Moss this week.

Good Luck!

WashD

hey washD, im considering playing curtis vs. seattle over moss. what do you think about that call? i'm also playing coles vs. buffalo.

sorry largent that i can't give an answer, i'm in the same boat and have the same ?'s as you.

Edited by dino88

Dino,

In general I try not to answer other questions in other Huddlers threads, but it's related...

As above, I like Moss, I don't think curtis on the West Coast in an offense with a ton of weapons right now is a better play than Randy Moss (and I've been hating on Moss all year) for all of the reasons above.

WashD

Im starting Coles over him this weekend. Marshall, Coles and Wayne.

I to agree what Wash has stated above. Unless you have a legit WR on your team like Moss, you cant bench him.

Edited by RJV

Im starting Coles over him this weekend. Marshall, Coles and Wayne.

I to agree what Wash has stated above. Unless you have a legit WR on your team like Moss, you cant bench him.

To echo what WashD and RJV said, it looked to me that BB changed the gameplan to use Moss more on shorter routes. He was much more involved, and was productive.

Sammy Morris is still dinged up - and the other RBs (Faulk + Green-Ellis) didn't do much vs the Rams run D. It could be a shootout, and Moss could have a big game.