[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Fargas for Benson or Rice?

Steelhead

My current RBs are Gore, Thomas Jones, Hightower, and Fargas. Looking to shore up my RB4 in case of injury and wondering if at this point Benson or Ray Rice is a better option than Fargas. I picked up Fargas weeks ago thinking he'd be the main carrier but didn't think OAK would be this pathetic.

Edit: Rice is snagged, I can only get Benson now

Edited by Steelhead

You have 3 good ones with Hightower now the starter in Arizona, no need for a 4th RB at this point. I'd drop Fargus but shore up a thin position.

Agreed. I was in love with Fargas after last season where he quietly had very good games if given carries. I had him in my starting lineup for the first time this week against the Falcons with a poor D. Single digit carries as the feature back in a run-base Offense? What's up with that? The Raiders have no ability to get first downs let alone sustain drives because Russell sucks. I hate to tell you this (and I will be doing this myself), drop Fargas.

I didn't get Rice last night but Benson is still out there. Based on what's out on waivers other than scooping up a 3rd QB or 2nd DEF I'm at the max allowed at positions. And what's out there for WR and TE aren't really any better than what I have. Here's what I could do with dropping Fargas. start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF

QB - Brees, Bulger (could add Frerotte)

RB - Gore, T Jones, Hightower, Fargas (could replace with Benson)

WR - Steve Smith, Colston, TJH, A Gonzalez, Washington

TE - Winslow, Carlson (could replace with Mercedes Lewis)

DEF - TEN

K - Bironas (could add Nedney)