[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB depth is depleted going into playoffs

gman62

Hey gang,

I got burned this last week with Brandon Jacobs sitting as I wasnt able to modify my lineup quick enough. So here is my dilemma with Jacobs dinged I got Slaton but lost EGraham. I got Hightower in reserve, but he hasnt done much lately. I am in the playoffs (14/15/16) and pretty sure I wont be getting a 1st week bye. So I was looking to shore up the running game with whats left in free agents which is slim.

Here is what is available:

Maurice Morris SEA looking good as of late but only has 1 favorable playoff week 15 @ STL NE/NYJ 14/16

Justin Fargas OAK hit or miss lately but gets the touches and playoffs look pretty good 14/16 SD/NE/HOU

Hightower has a good week 14 matchup vs STL then MIN/NE

So what do you all think should I stand pat with Hightower thru week 14 and hope Morris is available for week 15? If so make the switch then? Fargas is good for wk 14 but I cant see starting him over Hightower/STl given what HT did last time they played STL.

Check my roster in my signature and let me know your thought. My league scoring is unique and favors return men thus the reason for Sproles and Ginn Jr. The other possibility is Chester Taylor but he and Sproles are backups for AP and LT if either would get banged up they would be a screaming start in the playoffs. Trying to hedge my bets and have some insurance, but when it comes down to it you can only start so many so depth loses more value as each week passes.

I agree that none of your other options are as good as Slaton and jacobs. Fargas would be the closest one to starting for you, but even that is a bit of a reach. The G Men need Jacobs in there and he should at least get goal line carries even if he is in a reduced role while still nursing the knee.

Please see my post, thanks

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=274061

Good point RJV being at 10-1 when do the NYG start conserving Jacobs? Being up 3 games in the division and 2 games for home field advantage I would think they conserve him now to give him time to fully heal. It will be interesting to see how he is used in week 13. My guess is he suits up but is used sparingly and if the gmen get up early they will sit him That being said I think I may need an addl RB. Not to wish injury on anyone but if AP or LT gets injured I am looking good. As it is I may have a tough decision wk 14 starting Chester Taylor vs Detroit over Jacobs vs Philly.