[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 WR Advice / Strategy?

pingpong

Ok - I've already the posts that preach that you start the person who will get you the most points! It makes sense, but an opportunity to deploy a little ill-advised, jedi-mind trick strategy may just be too much to resist this week.

Here is the situation - this is the last week of the regular season and I need a win to make it in to the playoffs. My opponent has Peyton Manning starting as QB. I want to hear your thoughts on which wide receivers I should start.

Here are my wide receiver options:

R. Wayne

S. Smith

J. Cotchery

V. Jackson

A. Gonzalez

Right now I have R. Wayne and V. Jackson starting. So right off the bat I'm not starting my "best" receivers in sitting S. Smith but that move is defensible IMO.

I'm leaning towards starting R. Wayne and A. Gonzalez for two reasons. The first reason is to cover myself in the even that Manning has a good game (which I predict he will have). So, I guess I am arguing that I think they will post good numbers. The other reason is because several times this season I've started Wayne and had Gonzalez on the bench and Gonzo went off huge. Wayne on the other hand drew their #1 CB and was limited.

Oh yeah - one more thing to throw in the calculation, my opponent has Dallas Clark on his team. So I think that it weakens my strategy a bit.

No matter who your opponent is starting at QB, most projections I've seen would indicate that either Smith or Cotchery should logically be expected to put up better numbers than AGonzo this week ... and VJax is about equal to AGonzo. Based on that, I think I'd have a tough time sitting Smith this week just to get AGonzo in the lineup ... whatever Yoda or Obi-Wan may be whispering in your ear.