[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about playoffs

first timer

It is last week of season before playoffs. 6 teams make the playoffs. Not

matter what I do, I have wrapped up first place. I play the 6th place team and

if I win, it should put the 7th place team into the playoffs. The 7th place team has

scored more points in the league than any other team. I have already beaten him

twice this year and don't want to face him in the playoffs. His problem is every other week

the team he plays has their once in a year high game. If he makes the playoffs, he will definitely be a

tough win. I could elimate him before the playoffs by losing my game to the 6th place

team. Would this be unethically or is the goal to win the championship and eliminate

the competiton whenever possible? This is my first year to play Fantasy Football so I am not sure

what to.

Thanks for the advice,

First Timer

It's bad JuJu to throw a game.

Big $ league or just a "for bragging" league?

What are your likely opponents player matchups the week you'll face them in the playoffs ? Advance the one who will have the weakest lineup when they face you in the playoffs...

Good luck & congrats on winning the division your rookie year.

It's bad JuJu to throw a game.

Big $ league or just a "for bragging" league?

What are your likely opponents player matchups the week you'll face them in the playoffs ? Advance the one who will have the weakest lineup when they face you in the playoffs...

Good luck & congrats on winning the division your rookie year.

You kinda gave me conflicting answers. First, bad JuJu and then secondly, if team 6 is the weak lineup then act accordingly .

One other thing I didn't mention. Before week 7, I offered team 7 a trade. I offered either Randy Moss or

Terrell Owens (whichever one he wanted) for Jones-Drew on his team. He declined but countered with

Mewelde Moore and Le'Ron McClain from his team for Greg Jennings from my team. I said thanks but no thank and

I will look in another direction for a running back. That was on Wednesday evening.

Thursday morning, team 7 had waivered Mewelde Moore and pick up Sammy Morris by waiver order.

On Sunday morning, 45 minutes before kickoff (over 60 hours had passed), I picked up Mewelde Moore off waivers and inserted him in

my starting lineup. That was the week Moore had the very big game. I got 33 points from him. On Tuesday,

team 7 posted on our league's bulletin board how I cheated and stole Mewelde Moore from him.

That little incident is also weighting in om my decision.

First Timer

bad juju = bad luck....as MT Super 7 said...karma may kick your a$$.

However since a fair fight is always a bad idea and should be avoided at al costs I'd put the wood to team 7 if that's in the best interest of my team.

I wouldn't sweat the mewelde moore incident; cut & paste the transaction history on the league message board. Sounds to me like the guy is a whiner upset about a first timer doing better than he is.

good luck

bad juju = bad luck....as MT Super 7 said...karma may kick your a$$.

However since a fair fight is always a bad idea and should be avoided at al costs I'd put the wood to team 7 if that's in the best interest of my team.

I wouldn't sweat the mewelde moore incident; cut & paste the transaction history on the league message board. Sounds to me like the guy is a whiner upset about a first timer doing better than he is.

good luck

Well, I went with what was best for my team and my playoff chances and laid down and Team 6 beat me and

kept Team 7 out of playoffs. Team 7 (I didn't mention is the League Manager) got so mad he didn't make the

playoffs because I loss, kicked me out of the league. No text, no email, no phone call. Just removed my ability

to access the league or my team. I kind of have issues with ESPN to let a LM remove a Team from League after

regular season is complete. So removing me from First place and moving everyone

up one position put him into the playoffs as the number 6 team. I missed that rule during the draft.

First Timer

I don't feel sorry for you. You're not only an idiot, but you also communicate with the intelligence level of a 3rd Grader. What you did undermines the credibility of competitive games. Rules are rules for a reason. Rule # 1...always play to win. Whether it is on the field or on a computer. You got what you deserve and I hope you learned your lesson.

Rule # 1...always play to win. Whether it is on the field or on a computer.

In Nascar, last race of season, Jimmie Johnson had to finish 36th or 37th (if lead for one lap) to win the championship. Johnson had

won 5 of his last 11 races. Nobody complained when he puttered around track all day finishing 15th. Johnson won his 3rd championship

in a row and is being described as a superstar and legend in his sport. Wonder why this is an acceptable tactic in car racing but not

Fantasy Football?

First Timer