[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crucial Contest - Need Help

theprofessor

We start 2 RB's and I already started CJ3 with great results. With FWP still hurt I have to decide between Ryan Grant or Jamal Lewis. It's a PPR league which doesn't really favor either as they normally only get 1-2 passes, per game, thrown their way. Grant has had a very good stretch of games but I like Jamal's match up at home versus Indy who will be playing without Bob Sanders.

Which one would you start and why?

I'll answer yours.

I go with Ryan Grant. I believe that with Manning and the Colts offense and their propensity to put up points, the Browns could be in catch-up mode for most of the game. Tough call but Ryan and the GB running game should be more active most of the day. Also, I heard a report eartlier in the week that Grant's backup (Jackson) was iffy this week.

See mine from earlier today. Thanks.

Grant has put up 75 total yards or better in each game for the past 7 weeks, while Lewis has managed 75 or better only once in his past 4 games ... with the CLE offense being so hit or miss this season, it's tough to be able to count on anything from them, and as already mentioned, they might be forced to pass early & often simply to try & stay in the game this week ... while the GBP seem pretty committed to running as much as they possibly can now that Grant is fully healthy again.

Who knows, Lewis may finish with only 70 total yards on the day but find the EZ x2 just by dumb luck on short TD runs, but Grant would appear to be in the better position to be a reliable fantasy start this week at home against a good but not great CAR run defense.

We start 2 RB's and I already started CJ3 with great results. With FWP still hurt I have to decide between Ryan Grant or Jamal Lewis. It's a PPR league which doesn't really favor either as they normally only get 1-2 passes, per game, thrown their way. Grant has had a very good stretch of games but I like Jamal's match up at home versus Indy who will be playing without Bob Sanders.

Which one would you start and why?

I'll answer yours.

I have both as well, but started Gore and Chris Johnson. Of those 2, I would have started Grant. He's getting better second half, and the Browns are melting down. I considered him over Gore, but can't sit my #1. Lewis was my #2; what a let-down. I had Derek Anderson, and Brady Quinn, and Donte Stallworth--all worthless. The worst part is, I am a Bengals fan! Unlike the Bengals, I can still make the playoffs, thanks to the waiver wire and some dim foes. good luck

Edited by chewy b.