[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

X-Mas lights

tazinib1

I'm sitting here typing and admiring my neighbor's display across the street. Big display! I called him up the other night, his wife answered and I asked "How did you get an electric bill grant for such a big display?". She went on a tirade! :D :Icrawledintohole: She's a sweetie and realizes her hubby's extremism's. I love it and have a great view of it! Thanks, Chris!

On my side....Meh. My Dad didn't do much until he got a big lighted Santa for the front stoop. He got it free for buying furniture from Polk Bros..And that was the extent of his outside decorating. Remember Polk Bros. Chicagan's?? Anyway, our first house had no electrical outlet outside, so we just put the tree in the front window. :wacko:

Now.... we have a wreath next to the door w/ a spotlight on it and I'm cool w/ that. Tree is in the family room so our back neighbors see it. Again no convenient outside outlet to do more.

I do love to see the displays, but as mentioned they are down this year. A shame, but a reflection of the economy.

BTW....I'll say it first...

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YALL!!!!

HAPPY HANUKKAH to our Jewish brethren!

May we have peace in the coming year(s)!

I'm sitting here typing and admiring my neighbor's display across the street. Big display! I called him up the other night, his wife answered and I asked "How did you get an electric bill grant for such a big display?". She went on a tirade! :D :Icrawledintohole: She's a sweetie and realizes her hubby's extremism's. I love it and have a great view of it! Thanks, Chris!

On my side....Meh. My Dad didn't do much until he got a big lighted Santa for the front stoop. He got it free for buying furniture from Polk Bros..And that was the extent of his outside decorating. Remember Polk Bros. Chicagan's?? Anyway, our first house had no electrical outlet outside, so we just put the tree in the front window. :wacko:

Now.... we have a wreath next to the door w/ a spotlight on it and I'm cool w/ that. Tree is in the family room so our back neighbors see it. Again no convenient outside outlet to do more.

I do love to see the displays, but as mentioned they are down this year. A shame, but a reflection of the economy.

BTW....I'll say it first...

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YALL!!!!

HAPPY HANUKKAH to our Jewish brethren!

May we have peace in the coming year(s)!

+1 :D