[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defense for Playoffs

dino88

Which 2 Defenses would you rather have in the playoffs?

1. Tampa Bay (@Atl, SD, Oak)...this is one of the 2 for sure

...I'm trying to decide bet. these two:

2. Indianapolis (Det, @Jac, Ten)...I would only use them first round against Detroit, but it also keeps another team from using them against me

3. NYG (@ Dal, Car, @Min)...if I had them I would use them week 16 against Car and use Tampa weeks 14 (@Atl) and 16 (Oak)

Who would you rather have to go along with Tampa? I know if I had just said NYG or Ind, of course everyone would say NYG....but with the set up above, what is best for me?

edit...I have Ariz on my roster right now for the game against STL this week. I could get both defenses (Ind & NYG) and drop Ari this week, but who would you rather have this week Ari vs STL or Ind vs Cin?

...I'm thinking defensively with my defense, seeing as I don't want other teams to be able to use them.

Edited by dino88

First off, I can't believe NYG are still available.. They are one of the top DEF in the league. I did just pick up INdy's def strictly for the DET game. But the way they have been playing I think they be a good play this week as well. My problem is I have Chi going against Jags and I like that matchup as well

First off, I can't believe NYG are still available.. They are one of the top DEF in the league. I did just pick up INdy's def strictly for the DET game. But the way they have been playing I think they be a good play this week as well. My problem is I have Chi going against Jags and I like that matchup as well

That's a whole other story. Basically there is a situation going on that smells strongly of collusion (we even think the 2 teams may be the same person). Here's the deal:

Team A - in second place securely, it will not change with the outcome of this weeks game. They have a first round bye.

Team B - have to win their game, have 2 teams lose their games AND get 30 more points than me this week....just to slip into the last playoff slot...so very slim chances

Last night Team A dropped Indy's defense, leaving them with no defense at all (still haven't picked one up).

2 minutes after Team A dropped Indy, Team B dropped the Giants

Smells fishy huh??? Basically I want to screw Team A, while securing a solid defense each week of the playoffs for myself

Edited by dino88

Did you purposely leave off this week's matchups? If they count, I'd take the Colts -- they have the Bengals this week and the Lions next week; can't get much better than that. Even in week 16, Jacksonville's not a terrible matchup. And if the Giants clinch, will they play at half speed and/or rest their defense (even if they rest their offensive studs, that helps the opponents field position)?

By the way, I didn't see the part about Arizona -- they're a good matchup this week too. But if you take the Colts I think you get the best matchup next week also.

Please see http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

so if i were to pick up Indy do you think it would be smart to drop ariz and pick up nyg as well? i know it sounds crazy to have 3 defenses on my team, but i will keep them out of anyone else's hands who i may play against.

for me to pick up both the giants and the colts the only people i'll be losing are cadillac williams and ariz's d

Yes -- that's exactly what I would do. The Colts have real nice matchups, and while I'd start them ahead of the Giants or Bucs, it would be nice to keep those two defenses away from everybody else. Defenses, more than any other position, are matchup dependent -- if you go to play the Bengals, Lions, and Rams every week your team defense would probably be better than any of the real ones. .

well i took the advice and now i have 3 defenses on my roster, seems a bit weird when i look at it. the only person i lost was bruce and i only planned on using him if one of my other 3 wr's got hurt. plus the sf wr's are getting healthy so it may be too crowded back there for bruce to have another big game.

i'm hoping t.gonzalez has a bad week and i can try to make a trade with the team that was going for the giants. offer him the giants and gates for gonzo. the guy's an idiot and only pays attention to the stats from the week before.