[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kicker Question

Natimp

I was just looking at my free agents list in my league and I had a thought. Currently I am carrying Folk and Nedney as my kickers and GB as my Def/spec team. I notice Carney, (Kicker for the Giants) is a free agent. I am considering dropping Folk, Nedney and GB D to pick up Carney ( Dal week 15 and Car week 16), Ind Def ( play Det week 14) and N.O. Def ( plays Det week 16). Can you see what I am thinking? Get the kicker for the best team in the league and the 2 Def/spec teams that play the worst team in the league. I should rack up some good points.

Oh yea I won my Division so I have a Bye this week. I only need to worry about weeks 15 and 16. Tell me what you think. Thanks for your advise.

I definitely think the defensive strategy is sound. I'm not sure about Carney, though -- if the Giants start resting guys that could limit his productivity. And while Folk's got horrible matchups the rest of the year, Nedney's look decent. You could probably shuffle kickers every week (looking for guys playing in domes or with good matchups) and it wouldn't matter much -- but defenses can mean big point swings, especially in December weather.

Please see mine at http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

I definitely think the defensive strategy is sound. I'm not sure about Carney, though -- if the Giants start resting guys that could limit his productivity. And while Folk's got horrible matchups the rest of the year, Nedney's look decent. You could probably shuffle kickers every week (looking for guys playing in domes or with good matchups) and it wouldn't matter much -- but defenses can mean big point swings, especially in December weather.

Please see mine at http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

Yea after thinking about it I might drop Folk and my GB Def and pick up the 2 available Def who play Det. Nedney is a good kicker with decent match ups. The Carney/Tynes things worries me alittle. I couldnt find updates but the fact that the coach said the kicker is a game time decsion 2 weeks ago worries me