[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Visiting forgotten old and dear friends.

skylive5

Old and dear friends were forgotten while I forged ever onward to the future. So this last little while, as I have emersed myself in digitizing my LPs, I have spent time revisiting very dear old friends and everything they have written.

Rex Stout - Nero Wolfe

Dashiell Hammett - Sam Spade / Nick & Nora Charles

Raymond Chandler - Marlowe

Ellery Queen - Ellery Queen

Brett Halliday - Mike Shane

Mikey Spillane - Mike Hammer

John D McDonald - Travis McGee

A.A. Fair - Bertha Cool & Donald Lam (Yeah I know it is a pseudonym)

Colin Dexter - Inspector Morse (A newer old friend)

I had forgotten how simple and enjoyable a read these people and their main characters were. If it weren't for sports I would never even turn the TV on anymore as TV could never be as entertaining as a good author and the story they tell.

If you like the authors / genre above - do yourself a favor and try some Ross Thomas (aka Oliver Bleek) as I guarantee that you will NOT be sorry you did ... I'm not going to bother listing individual titles, since he's written a boatload of stuff (most of which I bet you can find in paperback at any used bookstore for $1) and it matters not where you start. Enjoy.

If you like the authors / genre above - do yourself a favor and try some Ross Thomas (aka Oliver Bleek) as I guarantee that you will NOT be sorry you did ... I'm not going to bother listing individual titles, since he's written a boatload of stuff (most of which I bet you can find in paperback at any used bookstore for $1) and it matters not where you start. Enjoy.

Seems familiar... will check him out. Thanks ts.