[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy Poker Hand at Harrah's New Orleans

caddyman

1-2 NL Table. Table is a great table where there are quite a few loose players. There was money to be made. I have A-10 suited and raise pre flop 15 dollars. I get four callers and the flop comes A-Q-K. One guy bets 50 dollars and guy to my right smooth calls. I raise to 125(keep in mind guys have bet all night pretty strong with weak hands so the 50 did noit scare me) the original 50 dollar bettor folds and the guy to my right goes all in for about 250. I make the call because I am up pretty big and because of the table habits. Turns out he has a set of queens. I am pretty much dead to a jack. One of the sickest turns-river I have seen. K-K. It took the table a while to figure out that I had kings full of aces and he had queens full. Wild hand at a wild table. You don't see too many looser 1-2 NL tables. I win 1200 for the night. Not too shabby.

1-2 NL Table. Table is a great table where there are quite a few loose players. There was money to be made. I have A-10 suited and raise pre flop 15 dollars. I get four callers and the flop comes A-Q-K. One guy bets 50 dollars and guy to my right smooth calls. I raise to 125(keep in mind guys have bet all night pretty strong with weak hands so the 50 did noit scare me) the original 50 dollar bettor folds and the guy to my right goes all in for about 250. I make the call because I am up pretty big and because of the table habits. Turns out he has a set of queens. I am pretty much dead to a jack. One of the sickest turns-river I have seen. K-K. It took the table a while to figure out that I had kings full of aces and he had queens full. Wild hand at a wild table. You don't see too many looser 1-2 NL tables. I win 1200 for the night. Not too shabby.

You git very very lucky there, Caddy. In addition to the set that was shown, it could have easily been two-pair or J-10 suited that was turned over, leaving you to draw for the win.

Your 7.5x raise pre-flop was poor with a quasi-weak A, your raise post-flop with a bettor and caller in front of you was equally bad...

Hope this result doesn't influence you to chase more low-precentage plays....though you were indeed priced in to call the all-in.

Congrats on profitable night!

You git very very lucky there, Caddy. In addition to the set that was shown, it could have easily been two-pair or J-10 suited that was turned over, leaving you to draw for the win.

Your 7.5x raise pre-flop was poor with a quasi-weak A, your raise post-flop with a bettor and caller in front of you was equally bad...

Hope this result doesn't influence you to chase more low-precentage plays....though you were indeed priced in to call the all-in.

Congrats on profitable night!

I absolutely agree with you. It was just a crazy table. I normally do not make those types of plays. Dudes were throwing in 75 bucks with middle pair after the flop. Plus, I was steaming after the previos hand where I had top pair top kicker (a-9) and some dude was chasing a flush for about 150 dollars. The river is a ten but he does not hit the flush. He throws his hand outand says....I did not get there...then he says...oops I hit a ten. Crazy night.