[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the hottest team in hockey?

Hugh 0ne

..... and you've scratched & clawed your way back into the playoff hunt...... only 31 points behind the Islanders for the final spot in the east. lol wink

I like how the Bruins are play'in now..... 7-2-1 over the same span. shrug

and can you guess who the only undefeated squad(regulation losses) is over the last 10 games............... who woulda thunkit.... Edmonton.... 6-0-2-2. eek!

Back to your Pens...... the future is bright brutha.As we spoke about a few weeks back..... soooooo much young talent there.....they're go'in nowhere but up. thumbs_u

You got it, Hugh, go Pens! I picked up Jackman 2 weeks ago and Morozov this past Monday. Those guys have been incredibly hot. Even Trojan Mojos added Pirjeta to his daily collection of players this morning.

Now fans are complaining, though, that they may play themselves right out of a better chance to get Alex Ovechkin. That would be pretty painful for Pens fans.

I agree with Frazia about the Bs, especially after they licked the Sens. Tonight will be another test against the Maple Leafs. The Stars are pretty hot right now, too, and we Wings fans don't want to see Turco go on a streak right now.

RWings:

Now fans are complaining, though, that they may play themselves right out of a better chance to get Alex Ovechkin.  That would be pretty painful for Pens fans.

Well, here's how I see it. The Pens were getting stomped all season long. That wears on you as a player. Too much stomping and these young kids will eventually get demoralized. So, in a way, this streak of success late in the season is really good for player morale. These kids are going to be real excited for next year based on the success they had at the end of this year. That being said, I'm kind of hoping they don't lose a chance to get the number one pick myself. So, keep playing well and winning as long as the following doesn't change:

Pittsburgh 53 points, 5 games remaining

Washington 55 points, 5 games remaining

Columbus 56 points, 6 games remaining

It looks pretty good that the Pens will finish last or 2nd to last, giving them a chance at the #1 pick. I'm sure y'all know this, but they now have a lottery to see who gets the #1 pick because of what the Pens did to the Devils to get Lemieux.

OK, so we're not the hottest team anymore, but it looks pretty good that we'll have a 50-50 chance of getting the number 1 pick:

Pens - 54 points, 2 games remaining

Caps - 57 points, 3 games remaining

Hawks - 58 points, 3 games remaining

Jacks - 60 points, 3 games remaining

And Dan, I would bet a large sum of money that you did not watch any Penguin hockey at the beginning of this season. They were god awful.

T_bone65:

The Rangers at least added Jagr, the Capitals traded away Carter that they got for Jagr. This is pitiful. The only players we have left are Olie and Witt.

Jagr

Lang

Bondra

Gonchar

Carter

Nylander

True, but the Rangers dumped Kovalev, Leetch, Nedved, Rucinsky, Jussi Maarkanen, Simon, Malakhov, Barnaby, and DeVries. I'll still vote that the Rangers firesale was bigger. :P