[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Hankk

Fatman

1. I'm seeing a lot of people (mostly in sports - athletes, announcers, etc.) that are buttoning every button on the suit, be it two, three of four. Is this now acceptable?

2. On a related note - what about the bottom button of a vest?

3. Said group is also blowing up on patters - pin-striped suit, checkered shirt, patterned tie. I always thought the rule was two patterns and one solid...

4. What are the guidelines on pocket squares?

Edited by Fatman

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the delay. I've been away.

1. I'm seeing a lot of people (mostly in sports - athletes, announcers, etc.) that are buttoning every button on the suit, be it two, three of four. Is this now acceptable?

2. On a related note - what about the bottom button of a vest?

3. Said group is also blowing up on patters - pin-striped suit, checkered shirt, patterned tie. I always thought the rule was two patterns and one solid...

4. What are the guidelines on pocket squares?

1) No. (you should always think classic, not trendy - if indeed that is a trend) With a two button suit coat, you button only the top button. With a three button suit coat, you can either a) button the middle button or b ) button the middle and top buttons, whichever looks better to you. With a four button suit coat, you throw it into the garbage.

2) Leave it unbuttoned

3) Mixing patterns isn't really that tricky, if you keep it simple. You're looking at the boldness/subtleness of the patterns. "Match" the patterns on the jacket and tie. Bold pattern on the jacket and tie, subtle pattern on shirt. Or vice-versa. And you're never going to wear a solid tie, unless you are waiting tables.

4) Pocket squares are great. If you're wearing a tie, you don't want to match colors exactly. There are a number of ways to wear one. Check this out. You want to pick your spots though. I wouldn't wear one to a funeral, or a job interview.

In general, you don't want to dress like an athlete, or most sports announcers.

Good luck. :wacko:

Edited by Hankk