[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drag Me to Hell

TDFFFreak

Saw this on Friday and thought it was near-classic Raimi. I think some won't like it because it's a goofy, silly horror film. I did have a major issue with the last 15-20 mintues of the film, but I enjoyed it otherwise.

Anyone else catch it?

Well, that was certainly classic Raimi, right down to the flying eyeballs and shocking, flying at your face instant make you jump scenes.

However, I think the one thing this movie truly needed was

Bruce Campbell to come in and make some kind of an appearance. It was kind of an empty movie without him.

And even my fiancee was laughing at the

obvious switcheroo with the envelope with the coin vs the envelope with the button on the floor of the car

Her words to me: "I'm sure glad you paid for that movie and not me."

My final thoughts: It could have been a lot better.

It was more or less enjoyable, but I would recommend either catching it on a matinee or wait for the DVD.

Oh and the scene

where the kerchief attacks the girl at the cemetary was taken straight from Army of Darkness and the battle between Ash and the Necronomicon

which brought a pretty good chuckle from me.

Yeah,

the button switched with the coin in the envelope was SOOOOO obvious (did Raimi mean to make it so telegraphed?) that for the last 20 minutes of the film I just was taken out of what was happening because I knew it was a set up. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if there was more to the end of the film besides her getting "dragged to hell" and then the lights come up in the theater.

Edited by TDFFFreak