[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Help ....

theprofessor

About 5-6 days ago I started to get an ad to clean the registry (Registry Cleaner Pro) on my computer. This ad shows up when I boot my computer. Once I delete it it's gone but it appears every time I log on. Coincidentally this started when my son tried to download a game demo on my PC. What can I do to keep this ad from showing up? I don't get any other type of pop-up ads.

TIA for your help.

About 5-6 days ago I started to get an ad to clean the registry (Registry Cleaner Pro) on my computer. This ad shows up when I boot my computer. Once I delete it it's gone but it appears every time I log on. Coincidentally this started when my son tried to download a game demo on my PC. What can I do to keep this ad from showing up? I don't get any other type of pop-up ads.

TIA for your help.

Sounds like a malware program to me. Trying to get you to pay money to "clean" your computer.

Download Malwarebytes. Install and run this. Hopefully it will get rid of this rogue software.