[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why pass on Brees/Payton/Brady in

beltboy

I think it is always good to wait on QB's. There is such a fast drop of in scoring performance at RB's that you are going to miss out. Now you will have a high scoring QB but it won't make up for your loss at RB. So you will end up scoring more overall points if you grab that RB2 or top rated WR. I almost always wait a few rounds and grab 2-3QB with upside.

I think it is always good to wait on QB's. There is such a fast drop of in scoring performance at RB's that you are going to miss out. Now you will have a high scoring QB but it won't make up for your loss at RB. So you will end up scoring more overall points if you grab that RB2 or top rated WR. I almost always wait a few rounds and grab 2-3QB with upside.

I disagree...I think it depends on your scoring. For instance, in one of my leagues we get 1 pt per 10 yds passing. In that format, the difference between Brady and say Donovan McNabb more than makes up for the difference between maybe Brian Westbrook and Ryan Grant. Calculate the difference in projected points scored between players and compare it to a baseline, like the worst projected starter. You can also calculate how fast the value over that worst starter drops off as players are selected. This should give you an idea of which position is most valuable in each round.