[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Davis

NS UNIT

I took a late round flyer on Donald Brown as the current back-up RB in Indy. He is sitting on my roster and James Davis in Cleveland is sitting on my waiver wire. All the reading I am doing says Jamal Lewis is about done and Davis looks very good. Would you drop Brown for Davis? RB scoring is 1 point per 10 yds rushing / 1 point per 25yds rec. / 6 pts per TD. There are no PPR in this league.

Any thoughts on this out there?

:wacko:

No...as of now Brown has much more value. He is in a far more dynamic offense and runs behind an injury plagued starter. Plus as of now Brown will probably see half the carries.

Davis...well we don't know how he will turn out this season. He may be the starter but then maybe the coaches decide the Lewis is done to so they ride him hard until he wears out....but that may not be until half way through the season. So Davis may not see many touches until that point. Or maybe they work him in and he gets 10-15 carries a game...we don't know either way.

As of now hang onto Brown, he has more value and is more of a sure player to get you points....but keep an eye on the situation in the Browns backfield. I can't imagine they'll release Lewis, they may trade him but I have a strong feeling that Lewis is with the Browns this season.

Why is everyone saying Addai is an injury plagued/injury proned/bum running back? lol Let me start off by saying i own both addai/brown and davis, and i would start brown over davis until davis proves something in the regular season. That being said, addai had one bad season, sure he huggggggely underperformed, but he was a consensus top 5 pick last year? Why is everyone writing this guy off so soon? Tons of backs have been injured and been great, he's falling into the 4th/5th round, which i think is a steal

I like Addai to...I own him in one of my leagues and I'm working on a trade to get him in another league. But the guy is injury prone. I'm a Colts fan so I've seen several games where Addai has left with an injury and while last year was the first year he has had major injuries he has had several minor injuries over the past seasons...he is almost always on the injury report....they don't always keep him out of the game....but just that risk is what people are talking about.

I agree though I think addai is in for a bounce back season and will probably play most games. Plus his numbers last season were not all due to his injuries...that o-line was banged up and put together. There were gaurds playing tackle and centers playing gaurd...most of them rookies or second year players...it was ugly.

No one has mentioned the Browns schedule yet. :wacko:

Pitt, Ravens, Bears, Vikings are all projected top 5 Ds in 2009. In 2008 these Ds were top 5 vs the rush. Quinn is likely the starting QB for the Browns so I imagine that Davis and Lewis will both see 8 man fronts and have a hard time being productive this season except for the 6 or so times they play sorry defensive teams. I'm usually careful about picking players that are in bad offenses but play tough teams like the Steelers and Ravens twice.

Keep Brown. Drop someone else if you simply just gotta have Davis. Davis will be worth more during fantasy playoffs when he plays the Chiefs and Raiders and likely will have the starting job. By then Brown might be starting too though or at the very least see a 50-50 split with Addai if he's even healthy.

Help with mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=294782

Edited by Asskickas

Davis can Pass protect and thus will play more even right away

Brown can not pass protect well and for this reason (Indy O-line is a bit shaky)

Addai will get a lot more than 50/50 as long as he stays healthy

Just my opinion

I Kept Davis over Brown myself