[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Dilemma Week 1

sandog61

I drafted McNabb with a high round pick and got Hasselbeck with a late round pick as my backup. I want to start the players I drafted high (because that is why I drafted them). But I know this game is about matchups and I think Matt has a much easier game against the Rams that Donavon has with the Panthers. What do you all think?? Am I nuts for wanting to start a late round draft pick week one? Plus didn’t the Eagles lose two starting O lineman this week?

Help!

I also have the same two QBs and debate. I ultimately decided to start McNabb.

Hasselbeck does have a good matchup and he has the best group of receivers he's ever had. I hear he has made a good connection with TJ. However, I agree with NS Unit.... Hasselbeck has to prove himself. Even with a tough matchup and a poor O-Line, McNabb should do well. I think they both will probably put up similar numbers but McNabb is a safer start.

I think that Phillys offensive line is better than Seattles even missing the two O lineman....and McNabb is lot more mobile than Hasselbeck so he can deal with O line troubles better. I would count on Phillys defense to give McNabb better field position too. I could get proven wrong, but I have to stick with McNabb to start the season. ( And I just don't think the Panthers D is what it used to be.)