[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sell high on Hightower?

ebartels

I'm loaded with RB2/3 types (Rice, Addai, Knowshon, Hightower) and I've been offered DeSean Jackson for Hightower. But today's game makes it look like he's entrenched as the featured back, at least insofar as old man Warner may be checking down more and using Fitz and Boldin less.

Is Beanie really destined to take over this year? Is DeSean fair value? I badly need an every-week WR3.

Edited by ebartels

I'm loaded with RB2/3 types (Rice, Addai, Knowshon, Hightower) and I've been offered DeSean Jackson for Hightower. But today's game makes it look like he's entrenched as the featured back, at least insofar as old man Warner may be checking down more and using Fitz and Boldin less.

Is Beanie really destined to take over this year? Is DeSean fair value? I badly need an every-week WR3.

Looks to me like Beanie will end up having a huge role in the offense, but Hightower is likely the 3rd down/passing situation back no matter what. I would think that this type of result, while not the norm, is not a complete aberration either. Hightower has good hands and runs hard. He isnt particularly fast and doest make anyone miss, but he is a load out of the backfield. Beanie looked powerful and shifty on a few carries and I probably will end up getting 2-1 in carries but Hightower is probably a nice value for the season in PPR leagues for sure.

As much as I would hope otherwise, I doubt Beanie becomes an every down back relegating Hightower to irrelevance. Just not likely barring injury to Hightower.