[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER, I'D LOVE YOUR ADVICE

dannygordo

Hey All, I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts/opinions and advice..... I currently have Jacobs #1 and Grant as #2. I have Andre J, Wayne, and TO as 1,2,3 WR ( we start 3 WR, 2 RB). I've been offered Ronnie Brown for TO. I have Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall on the bench.

Now i've already confirmed that if i accept the trade, I can package Brown with either Grant or Jacobs and receive Maurice Jones-Drew. My dilema is, who do I keep as my # 2, Jacobs, or Grant??

One side of my Brain says Jacobs because the Giants are a run first team, and Grant has Rodgers who throws the ball a ton, but the other side of the brain says keep Grant because he is the flat out starter and Jacobs has Bradshaw to contend with. Also Grant is more explosive and dynamic and is capable of big runs, where Jacobs gets all his points from TD's, rarely gets HIGH yardage gains.

Also in the dilema is the question of my # 3 receiver if I do accept the trade, will Holmes or Marshall be solid enough to produce.

In simplar terms, do I get rid of TO so that I can get MJD.... again guys, i'd love some responses on this one, would be greatly appreciate it! I truly respect everyone's opinions on this forum, and will probably make my decision based on what you guys feel, hopefully it's not a split decision!

Cheers

To me, the waiver wire is always good for periodic WRs throughout the year that are serviceable for short times. I like the idea of getting some value out of TO in the RB position being you have decent WRs to use, unless you think TO is going to have a big year. I think TO has a decent year but not enough to keep him over getting MJD I applaud your "turn around" trade to btw, I always try to find a way to do a trade that opens up another, makes it fun. The only danger is the second trade falling through after the first is made. If this happens here you've strengthened your RBs and still will have a receiver that should get you about what TO would. Not a bad fall back.

As for which RB to keep, I think it depends in part to how your league scores RBs. Always good to include in these types of posts. I personally don't think Grant will be that much higher a yardage guy than Jacobs. He's seems to be more of a power runner that gets high yardage totals through a lot of carries not big runs(I'd have to check his stats to confirm I've never owned him). I also think Rodgers and his WRs will steal as many TDs as Bradshaw will steal from Jacobs. NY doesn't have the WRs like GB does and may need to run in more than they can throw in. I bet by the end of the year Jacobs scores higher in FF that Grant, if not it will be close enough to wash them out. I'd try to keep Jacobs all things considered.

Just my opinion, take it at face value.

To me, the waiver wire is always good for periodic WRs throughout the year that are serviceable for short times. I like the idea of getting some value out of TO in the RB position being you have decent WRs to use, unless you think TO is going to have a big year. I think TO has a decent year but not enough to keep him over getting MJD I applaud your "turn around" trade to btw, I always try to find a way to do a trade that opens up another, makes it fun. The only danger is the second trade falling through after the first is made. If this happens here you've strengthened your RBs and still will have a receiver that should get you about what TO would. Not a bad fall back.

As for which RB to keep, I think it depends in part to how your league scores RBs. Always good to include in these types of posts. I personally don't think Grant will be that much higher a yardage guy than Jacobs. He's seems to be more of a power runner that gets high yardage totals through a lot of carries not big runs(I'd have to check his stats to confirm I've never owned him). I also think Rodgers and his WRs will steal as many TDs as Bradshaw will steal from Jacobs. NY doesn't have the WRs like GB does and may need to run in more than they can throw in. I bet by the end of the year Jacobs scores higher in FF that Grant, if not it will be close enough to wash them out. I'd try to keep Jacobs all things considered.

Just my opinion, take it at face value.

I appreciate the response, standard scoring BTW 1 pt for 10 rush/rec yards 6 pts TD