[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question regarding R. Bush Week 1 score.

griff321

Ok so I'm in a 12 team fanball league with a bunch of old buddies that I used to work with. The league scores team D/ST so no points are rewarded to individuals for return yards or TDs, but the league does dock two points for fumbles.

So, my commish says that since the R. Bush muffed punt was scored as a fumble it will stay as such. The only problem is I go from a win to a tie. Anyone playing on fanball knows the site is a mess, nothing is scored right, and everyone wishes they changed to MFL before making the payment. Everyone is complaining about everything and nothing is being fixed so I can not rely on fanball to fix its mistake. I feel the scoring was an error and if the fumble should be attributed to anyone, it should be the Saints D/ST. I've linked the exact play from nfl.com play by play to my commish and he's still not doing anything. Who is right in the situation? Should I be freaking on him?

Edited by griff321

If your league rules are written to state that league scoring is determined by the statistics as provided / published by Fanball and that those are the official stats for league scoring purposes, then I'd think you have no choice but to live with it. As regards the team stats vs individual stats issue goes - seems to me like your rules are in conflict if they are set up so that an individual fumbling while on special teams is penalized but the same individual gets no credit for (say) a TD scored while on special teams - and I'd suggest a rule amendment or clarification for next season. Bottom line is that you will have to abide by the published league rules - but if they are poorly written, unclear and/or leave gaps that remain open to interpretation, and one of those gaps impacts the outcome of a FF game, maybe suggest a league vote on the matter to the commish (with the 2 teams directly involved not participating in the vote) in order to arrive at some sort of fair conclusion.

Edited by ts

Amazing response. Thank you for it, and I appreciate the perspective. I know that this had to have happened at least one other time in the league, so I'm going to try and figure out when it happened and how it was scored just to provide a basis for my argument one way or another.

Edited by griff321