[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FA Advice - Dump LT?

rbmcdonald

OK, I would like to bounce some things off anyone willing to listen

10 Team TD only league, all TDs are 6 points.

Most have exactly 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K & 2 Def on roster. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 K, & 1 Def.

WW moves cost $30. There will probably be more than $7K in the prize pool at the end of the season, and in addition there is a $400 prize for a survivor side bet, so you have to move quick on the WW in this league.

Running Back

My running backs are LT, C. Johnson & R. Brown. McGahee is currently available. I am not first up on the WW this week, so I do not think I will be able to pick him up, but if by chance he is still there when I am up, I would really like to pick him up. He seems to have a solid position as the goal-line back, and this is a TD only league. In addition he is stealing significant every down touches from Rice. However, I am reluctant to drop Brown after a 2 TD performance. I am seriously considering dropping LT. Sproles is not available and LT getting hurt in game 1 concerns me. Am I crazy for considering dropping LT after week 2?

QB

Palmer & Delhomme (I was pissing myself after week 1). Should I go ahead a pull the trigger on Delhomme? Garrard, Cassel & Orton are available.

TE

Carlson & Fasano. Go ahead and pull the trigger on Fasano? Z. Miller & Shockey are available.

WR

Jennings, C. Johnson & Walter. S. Holmes & Edwards are available, is either worth dumping Walter for? Jennings has a bye week 5.

I would not drop LT because it's just too early in the season. A guy in my league dropped AJ last year after week 3 - I picked him up on waivers and rode him to the Championship.

I would probably stick with Delhomme as a backup if those are your options. Orton, maybe, but I would see how Delhomme does against Dallas before deciding to drop him.

Definitely drop Fasano for Shockey just because of the possibilities with the Saints offense (Dolphins, not so much).

Next one is tough. I think Holmes is a good pickup (and I can't believe he is actually on your wire) but I like Walters for some reason (assuming Schaub stays healthy). Do you have to carry 2 DST and 2 TE on your roster? I'd probably drop one of those and just pick up one on waivers for bye-week fill-ins.

Hard to say, I don't have a lot of experience in TD only leagues but there is some merit to your consideration. I don't know if I can really advise dropping LT but is there a chance McGahee gets more TDs between week 3 and the end of the year? Yes, definitely.

I wouldn't drop Delhomme yet. I would say to give him at least one more week. I think he could bounce back.